Women’s Integration Network Inc. is a dynamic, enterprising and innovative organization, dedicated to supporting women’s empowerment by providing services to vulnerable women relocating to urban areas. We are in the funds and program development stage and are pursuing a four-pronged approach including a mentor program, social work navigation support, partnerships and research.
We are looking for individuals who fit the profile below to join our Board of Directors.
If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com with a brief cover letter outlining your interest and the experience and skills you would bring to the board, you are also invited to include your resume if relevant.
Board of Directors Profile
|Gender||Male or Female|
|Age||20+ years old|
|Cultural Background||Emphasis on diversity|
|Core Belief Systems||Morality, religion/spirituality, individual empowerment, community engagement|
|Personality||Passion, determination, perseverance, adaptability, resilience, independence|
|Time Commitment||Preparation for and attendance at periodic board meetings as required (expected once per 4-6 weeks), as well as fund raising and community awareness events|
|Term||Minimum of one year|
|Contribution||Strategic planning, networking, and operational oversight|
|Belief in Our Vision||Women’s empowerment and understanding of inequality|
- Diverse life experience
- Post-secondary degree (any – college, university, trades)
- Experience or interest in any area of importance to the board (see Potential Assets section below)
- Interest/expertise in building, leveraging and sharing your network to support women’s empowerment
- Independent transportation, as meetings are held at various locations across Ottawa
- Experience in not for profit organizations
- Expertise in the fields of organization management, accounting, marketing, legal services, fundraising, or human resources
- Experience with small businesses, entrepreneurs and start-ups
- International life experience